August 10, 2013
I can’t believe it’s been almost two months since I have taken off my shoes here. I feel a strong connection to you when I write. If my silence has disappointed you, I am so sorry. It’s safe to say I’ve been a bit overwhelmed since I first came to the Beach. If I could characterize my experience thus far, the refrain in my mind is More.
At The Beach, I am
- walking more. A lot more. At odd times of day. And on nearly every walk I end up walking More than I ever planned.
- with people more. A lot more. My days are longer than they’ve been in a decade, beginning before the sun is up and ending after it is absent from the sky.
- learning more. I just attended a two-day conference with 15 folks from Advent entitled Willowcreek Global Leadership Summit. It was both inspiring and humbling how much there was to learn. I found myself thinking often, well this information would have been useful in life a lot sooner!
- more tempted at every turn for new things to do with money; and fortunately I’m working too hard to entertain any seriously.
- eating more fish.
- feeling the gears in my brain shift in a way I’ve not enjoyed for some time. It is as if doors are opening to new creative possibilities, and they sort of creak as they open.
- Missing the people I love in the Midwest even more than I thought I would.
- Feeling my heart beat in my chest even upon waking because there is so much to do and see and experience — and it’s almost all new.
- Showing signs of being in a long-term relationship with Monty Cat as I tend to talk sharply to him more than I use to…
- Making more lists than I’ve ever made in my life; and checking them hourly to make sure I’m on track.
I am fond of the movie Happythankyoumore please. And I suppose that’s where I’m living right now. Happy in ways I had forgotten were options. Grateful to my God, and all the people who’ve loved me along before and are doing so now into the future.
Which leaves please. And silly though it sounds, it’s a constant refrain:
You bring more to this community too. So glad God led you here.
Comments are closed.